Phoenix & Scottsdale Tax Litigation & Tax Liability Resolution Lawyer
Do you have a tax problem? Call Tax Litigation Attorney Stephen McFarlane to resolve your tax issues. Mr. McFarlane is a Former IRS Litigation Attorney with over 25 years of experience resolving all tax issues on both a federal and state level. He litigates tax cases before the federal and state courts. He handles IRS and ADOR cases from audits through appeals and on to the US Tax Court, Arizona District Court, or state Tax Court or Superior courts. He handles small business tax issues, from payroll tax liabilities and collection actions to worker classification issues and matters before the Arizona Dept. of Economic Security. With an office conveniently located just off Hwy 101 and Via de Ventura (the Phoenix-Scottsdale area), McFarlane Law serves clients throughout Arizona and nationwide.
IRS and Arizona Department of Revenue Tax Problem Solver
Whether you are involved in a dispute with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR), the consequences of a tax dispute can be daunting and stressful. McFarlane Law can assist in resolving your tax disputes with the IRS and the ADOR.
The following are examples of the types of tax law services we provide
- Tax Court Litigation and Settlements
- Defense against tax audits and responding to IRS or ADOR Notices
- Tax Appeals and Collection Due Process Hearings
- Relief from tax collection actions
- Release or discharge of liens, levies and wage garnishments
- Innocent Spouse Relief and Injured Spouse Relief
- Business and Employment tax matters and payroll tax issues
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty problems and Employment Tax Issues
- Requests to abate tax penalties
- Dept of Economic Security issues and worker classification cases
- Negotiation of IRS installment payment plans and offers in compromise
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) cases, Foreign Assets, and FBAR filings
- Non-filer or late filed tax returns
- Tax return Preparer Penalties and relief from penalties
- Preparation of individual tax returns, estate tax returns, and gift tax returns
Mr. McFarlane has extensive experience in tax law, accounting, business administration, and tax preparation of unfiled returns. He understands business and personal tax problems. He holds a Master’s Degree in Tax Law (LL.M.(Tax)) and is a former IRS Trial Attorney where he developed the important relationships with IRS personnel needed to effectively and efficiently manage and resolve your tax case. Mr. McFarlane’s breadth of education, knowledge, and experience enhances the overall value of the legal services the McFarlane Law provides our clients.
In addition to tax controversies, and in association with other lawyers, we provide legal services in estate planning, probate and trust administration, and business planning and formation. Our understanding of the tax consequences of business and estate planning decisions helps us protect the wealth you worked so hard to create.
Contact McFARLANE LAW for a Free Consultation
To arrange a free and confidential consultation, call Stephen McFarlane at T. 480.991.0032.
We represent clients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, Glendale, Mesa, Tempe, Tucson, Casa Grande, Flagstaff and Sierra Vista, and throughout Arizona and the United States.
Connect with Stephen McFarlane on Google+. Visit us on Twitter, Yelp, AVVO, and LinkedIn.